Last updated March 18, 2020
Your privacy is important to us. It is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, http://www.purestreams.io, and other sites we own and operate.
1. Information we collect
We collect information through various methods which tell us how and when you use our site. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of PureStreams, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Non-personal identification information
Log data: When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, referring URLs, and other details.
Device data: We may also collect data about the device you’re using to access our website. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data. What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to us.
Personal identification information
Personal information: We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us at registration or when updating your profile. We may also obtain information about you when you contact us for any reason. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the choices you make and the products and features you use.
Registration is not required to use basic services of the website but registration allows you make full use of the features on the site. When you create a user profile, we will collect and process the following personal data as the minimum information required:
· Your email address;
· Your user name;
· Your password.
Once you have created a user profile, you will have the option to add additional personal data to your profile on a voluntary basis. You can amend or delete your personal data in your user profile at any time.
If you are a broadcaster or advertiser, then we may collect additional information to verify your identity or render services to you. These can include but not limited to a work email, phone and payment information.
Payment information is securely stored and processed by Stripe. PureStreams does not have any access to your payment details.
2. Legal bases for processing
We will process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so. These legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them, meaning we collect and use your information only where:
· it’s necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract (for example, when we provide a service you request from us);
· it satisfies a legitimate business interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
· you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose (for example, you might consent to us sending you our newsletter);
· or we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
Where you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place).
We don’t keep personal information for longer than is necessary. While we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
3. Collection and use of information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
· to enable you to customize or personalize your experience of our website;
· to enable you to access and use our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
· to contact and communicate with you;
· for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
· for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
· to offer additional benefits to you;
· for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
· and to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
4. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
· third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, ad networks, analytics, email delivery, error loggers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
· our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
· credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
· courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
· other users when you share personal information or otherwise interact with public areas of the site. Such personal information may also be viewed by users and may be publicly distributed outside the site. Currently, the only avenue for this is in the reviews section.
We do not sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties.
5. International transfers of personal information
The personal information we collect is stored and processed in United States, or where we or our partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure to these overseas third parties.
We will ensure that any transfer of personal information from countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries outside the EEA will be protected by appropriate safeguards, for example by using standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission, or the use of binding corporate rules or other legally accepted means.
Where we transfer personal information from a non-EEA country to another country, you acknowledge that third parties in other jurisdictions may not be subject to similar data protection laws to the ones in our jurisdiction. There are risks if any such third party engages in any act or practice that would contravene the data privacy laws in our jurisdiction and this might mean that you will not be able to seek redress under our jurisdiction’s privacy laws.
6. How long do you keep your information
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. Information from minors
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using PureStreams, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the site. If we learn that unauthorized personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any unauthorized data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us.
8. Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below. If you ask us to restrict or limit how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our website or products and services.
Access and data portability: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in an easily readable machine format. You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time. You may also request that we transfer this personal information to another third party.
Correction: You have the right to review or change the information in your account. This can be done through your account page.
Notification of data breaches: We will comply laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication. If you have an active account, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account.
10. Business transfers
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
11. Limits of our policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
12. Changes to this policy
13. How can you contact us about this policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at email@example.com.